Magmart | video under volcano is an international videoart festival, which over the years has seen the participation of more than 1400 artists from 84 different countries, with thousand submitted videos.
Along past years, Magmart also presented video selections at IVHAM - Madrid (Spain), 7 Noches Capitales - Sevilla (Spain), Videoakt III - Barcelona (Spain), Fonlad - Coimbra (Portugal), Oslo Screen Festival - Oslo (Norway), Small Projects - Tromsø (Norway), and Take C - Caldas da Rainha (Portugal).
Has organized the screening show Næpolitan Videoart (2011), Women's glance, Animation videoart, Videoart from/on Gaza, E-Merging Thought Process, Næpolitan Videoart (2010), Magmart @ artic49, L'occhio Elettronico, Næpolitan videoart (2009), NapolInVideo, The best of Magmart (2008).
In 2013, realized the first special project, 100x100=900 (100 videoartists to tell a century), to celebrate 50th of videoart, that involved:
- 100 videoartists from Iran, Austria, Germany, United States, Serbia, Brazil, France, Italy, Netherland, Peru, China, Norway, Mexico, India, Egypt, Estonia, Sudan, Russian Federation, Argentina, Spain, United Kingdom, Israel, Lebanon, Portugal, Canada, Switzerland, Belgium, Hong Kong, Japan, Bosnia, Etiopia, Cile, Turkey, Hungary, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Nigeria, Vietnam;
- 39 curators from Iran, Spain, Canada, Argentina, China, United States, Russian Federation, Hungary, Albania, Romania, Italy, Brazil, India, Philippines, Poland, Mexico, Ukraine, Portugal, Bulgaria, Bosnia and herzegovina;
- 57 partners.
The project totaled 67 screenings, 29 countries reached, and 452 days total of screenings.
In 2014 Magmart organized the second project, F.I.V.E. (Feelings International Videoart Experience), a project on 5 senses, based on an open call, with 25 video artworks selected by an international jury, five for each sense.
The project involved:
- 193 videoartists (participants) and 233 videos (submitted) from Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Benin, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Pakistan, Palestine, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Togo, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam;
- 25 selected artists from Austria, Belgium, Benin, France, Italy, Netherlands, Palestine, Poland, Spain, Turkey, United States;
- 47 curators from Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Ethiopia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Italy, Malaysia, Morocco, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Russian Federation, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States;
- 32 partners.
In 2016, Magmart organized the third project, Foods, born with the aiming to coincide with the universal EXPO, which he was held in Milan (Italy) in 2015, on theme "Feeding the planet - energy for life".
The project involve few videoartists:
Gerard Cairaschi (France), Marcos Bonisson & Khalil Charif (Brazil), Didier Feldman (France), Francesca Fini (Italy), Barbara Hertiman (Venezuela), SSMIDD (Germany), Francesca Llopis (Spain), Lina Alejandra Pulido Barragán (Colombia), John Sanborn (United States), Venugopal V.G. (India).
On 2014, Magmart become biennal.
The tithe edition of Magmart | video under volcano, start on september 2016.