Warning: file_get_contents(http://graph.facebook.com/41362549260): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request in /web/htdocs/www.magmart.it/home/news.php on line 7 Warning: file_get_contents(http://graph.facebook.com/116149128396857): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request in /web/htdocs/www.magmart.it/home/news.php on line 11
(posted on 2012-07-06)
The call for entries is open until July 31, 2012, for the 'Rencontres Internationales' which will be held in Paris in November 2012, and in Madrid and Berlin in 2013.
Any individual or organization can submit one or several proposals. The call for entries is open to film, video and multimedia proposals, without any restriction for length or genre. Any submission is free, regardless of geographical origin. Works proposed to the "Rencontres Internationales" must not have been previously publicly shown in Paris.
Please take a few minutes in order to read the FAQ page, it contains important information regarding the call for entries, go to http://www.art-action.org/site/en/info/appel_faq.htm.
TO ENTER A WORK
You may choose between two types of registration. Please choose either one OR the other:
• OPTION 1: Classic entry form to use WITH postal sending.
• OPTION 2: 100% online entry form WITHOUT postal sending.
CLASSIC ENTRY FORM, FOR USE WITH POSTAL SENDING
• Proposals should be sent by mail, with a printed entry form to fill in online. You must fill out the online entry form, print it, sign it and include it in your package with the required documentation (DVD, texts, images, etc. - specifics on what documentation to include can be found on the entry form).
• PLEASE NOTE: if you wish to submit multiple entries, you must fill out ONE ENTRY FORM PER ENTRY. An entry without a form is an entry that we will not be able to consider.
• For schools, distributors, and production companies: those organizations (ONLY schools, distributors, and production companies) that would like to submit MORE THAN 10 PROPOSALS are not obliged to fill in the online entry form.
DEADLINE: JULY 31, 2012 (date of the postmark)
• This date concern the date of your postal sending. It is NOT necessary to send your proposal by express courier.
• If you send your proposal after the deadline (July 31, 2012), your proposal will be considered through our permanent call for entries, for the programming that will be shown in 2013.
100% ONLINE ENTRY FORM, WITHOUT POSTAL SENDING
• Everything is to be done online. No postal sending.
• Before to fill in the entry form, you must post on the web the required material: video + synopsis or presentation text + biography + filmography and/or exhibition list. In other words, your video must be uploaded on a web site (like Vimeo, Youtube, Dailymotion, or a personal web site) and your texts must be available on a web page. We strongly recommend to use the online service offered by VIMEO www.vimeo.com: it is free, it allows to create an access password, it is respectful of the video resolution, it offers a description text area where you may paste the text material.
• When the required material (video + synopsis or presentation text + biography + filmography and/or exhibition list) will be available online, then please fill in the 100% online entry form. You will have to enter in the entry form the web links of the required material.
• Material sent by email is not accepted.
DEADLINE: JULY 31, 2012 (date of the entry form registration)
Your video and the text material are ready online? Great, you can start to fill in the entry form!
Sending of the answers
The confirmation of postal sending reception will be sent by email on September. Answers to the programming will be send on October. Answers concerning the proposals sent after the deadline will be sent in 2013.
Film and video - any film and video format
• Video / Experimental video
• Fiction, exp. fiction / Short, middle and full length
• Documentary, exp. documentary
• Experimental film
• Multimedia installation
• Net art
• Multimedia concert